Friday, December 24, 2010

Daddy: A Christmas LO and a WIN!


Christmas eve is just a few hours away! I'm done with my Christmas shopping, but not yet finished with gift-wrapping! LOL.

Here's a Christmas layout I made for my husband, Hubert, which is also our (my son and I) Christmas gift for him. We never got to spend the holidays with him (yet) as he's always based overseas because of work. We get to always enjoy the summer with him though. :)

Another sentimental LO that I made. I really miss my hubby and I can't wait for him to come home... soon. The message for my hubby below:


I hand-cut and inked the edges of these Christmas decors, attached them with gold brads and used foam tape for added dimension:


Intertwined the pearl strands with the green ricrac. Loved the result! The Maya Road bracket chipboard was painted with green acrylic paint and topped with Ranger distress stickles in pine needles. Love it! Hahaha. The silver stocking embellishment is from American Traditional Designs. Added also gold ribbon to emphasize the message that he (hubby) is all we want for Christmas (from Santa, as a gift):


Yup, he's "always in my heart" (Creative Imaginations metal brad):


Lastly, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank my lucky stars for another WIN over at Coordinates Collections' recent blog hop challenge! See previous article below. Oh, I sooo love joining their challenges, reading and learning their tutorials, as well as participating in the blog forum.

Have a Blessed and Merry Christmas everyone! :)

Materials used: Webster's Pages & Fancy Pants patterned papers. Creative Imaginations & American Traditional Designs metal embellishments. Maya Road chipboard. Ranger distress stickles & liquid pearls. Tsukineko ink. All About Scrapbooking foam alphas. Fancy Pants rub-ons. Others: pearl strand, ribbon, ricrac, acrylic paint.

No comments: