Friday, December 17, 2010

Coordinates Collections December Blog Hop


First of all, this layout will be my entry to Coordinates Collections' December Blog Hop challenge.

The materials used in this layout are also from CC's November Just Desserts kit and add-ons, which are full of sparkly patterned papers and embellishments. This kit was PERFECT! :)

This LO is so sentimental and dear to my heart because it's about my maternal grandmother who just celebrated her 88th birthday last December 11th. This will double as a Birthday and Christmas gift for her. I can't remember how old she was when the photo was taken, but it was also during one of her birthdays in the past.

The challenge called for putting sparkle on your LOs. So how did I further incorporate this requirement in my Grandma's LO? Here are the close-up shots and details:

Sparkle #1: Maya Road swirl chipboards painted with acrylic paint in metallic bronze and sparkled with Jo Sonja gold dust. Also added a pc. of Pink Paislee Parisian Anthology Dangle (clear), two (2) pcs. of Jillibean Soup Sugar Picks in green/quartz which are part of the add-ons of the kit, and local lace with pearls. The lace itself is already shimmery, yet the pearls further added luster to it! :)


Sparkle #2: These Prima flowers truly sparkled with Jo Sonja opal dust. I looove using JS gold and opal dusts on my LO!


Sparkle #3: Alphabet stickers: when you want sparkle, go for the gold! Haha! :D


Lastly, I just want to highlight these packaging from Jillibean Soup and Prima that I re-used as part of the LO. With Scrapbooking, not only does one become creative, but we get to practice zero wastage at that! :)


And who said adding sparkle is only for Christmas- and winter-themed layouts? :D

Have a sparkly weekend!

10 comments:

Deborah Long said...

This LO is beautiful!

adele holcomb said...

I love the balance of this beautiful LO. And although there are so many wonderful sparkly elements, they are not overwhelming. Fabulous job as always, Dorothy!

AmyBug said...

Great sparkle layout! I like the added pearls.

Jesi said...

Love it. I Love all the flowers. Great LO!

Jolaine Frias said...

I agree!!! The more sparkle the better, and your layout is very sophisticated to compliment the beautiful photo!

carabecca said...

So pretty! I loved that paper too :)

Lynn Barwald said...

I love this layout!!! It's beautiful and gave me many ideas! Thanks!!! I do have the question... what part of the layout is actually the packaging? Great job!

Lynn Barwald said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dorothy said...

wow! thanks so much for your wonderful comments. reading these first thing in the morning really gives one a needed boost to start the day at work. haha. :)

@lynn, the white doily is from the Prima packaging which contained the orchard mix (dewdrop) flowers. the brown scalloped behind the white doily, on the other hand, is the packing from Jillibean Soup corrugated flowers.

Debbie said...

Gorgeous page with so many lovely details!